Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Return by Jennifer L Armentrout


“Holy Hottie-McHotters!”

Oh My God! I loved, loved, loved this book so, so, so much! Jennifer L Armentrout has done it again!

The Return is set one year after the events of 'Sentinel' and is centered around Seth. Seth, my beautiful, complicated Seth, he really has had a tough year. His life now belongs to the Gods to do with as they please. Tracking, torturing, killing, you name it Seth has to do it. But protecting someone? Ya, not something he thought he would have to do.

Enter Josie. Just another ordinary college student- or so she thinks- but when a mysterious hot guy comes knocking she's not so sure anymore. And then things start to get weird. 

“What are you?” she asked, her nose scrunching as she spoke. “Other than a heart-stopping hot guy with obvious boundary issues and problems with anger management?”

What I loved about this book was how we got to see things through Seth's point of view. It really gave me a better understanding of his character and of how he had felt throughout the previous books. His vulnerability in parts of the book was very touching and eye-opening. 

Tears built in my throat. "You're not just the Apollyon, Seth."
His eyes drifted shut, his face tensed as his fingers splayed across my cheeks. "I don't even know who I am anymore. Or what I ever was."
Oh goodness, that ripped right through my chest. "You're just...you're just Seth."
A tremor moved through his arms. "And you...you're just my salvation.”

I don't want to give too much on the plot away but I will say that it was intense, intriguing and down right awesome! We also get to catch up with previous characters from the Covenant Series! That was a lovely surprise! There also wasn't a lack of humor in this story! I'd find myself in fits of laughter as quickly as I would find tears in my eyes.

“I ran over a squirrel once."
Blinking open my eyes, I drew back as far as she'd let me.
"What?"
"I ran over a squirrel the second time I ever drove a car," she repeated. "I also hit a deer. And when I was seventeen, I clipped a cat. Before I left for college, I backed into a dog."
"Gods," I muttered.”

All in all this book did not disappoint and i'm impatiently waiting until the next book in the series! I seriously recommend this book if you're a fan of the all things Seth or the Covenant Series or anything Jennifer Armentrout related!


No comments:

Post a Comment