Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles

Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles. 


Derek Fitzpatrick. Tall, dark and handsome. 

Ashtyn Park. Smallish, blonde and cute. 

Except she plays American football and well he doesn't have one single goal in his life. 

“I never believed in love at first sight, until I met Derek. It's all-consuming and delicious and wonderful and exciting. At the same time, it makes me nervous and self-conscious and emotional. Love exists. I know it does, because I'm madly, deeply, hopelessly in love.”

Everyone Ashtyn has ever loved has left. Her mother, her sister and even though her father never left he might aswell with the way he acts around her. She's a broken girl with a passion and love for American football. Against all odds she plays on her school team and is respected by all. 

Derek has just been suspended from boarding school after playing a rather brilliantly epic prank. With his father being in the navy (or whatever you call underwater soldier dudes). He has to move in with his step-mom and her little boy. They decide it's time to move home to a place they know or at least she knows. With that Derek has to leave aswell. 

“Because I'm tryin' to push you away when all I want to do is hold you. I know you say you don't want a hero, but damn I'd like to be that guy who'll save you from spiders and whatever and whoever else hurts you.”

The journey they both go on in this book is one that is very beautiful. They learn about themselves by learning about each other. They face their ups and downs but some how manage to get through them all. 

This book was your typical romance with it's twist. But I was in love with it. 

The book gets 3 out of 5 stars from me. It loses two because the writing wasn't perfect and the story although engrossing was one I don't find myself wanting to rant about how much you need to pick it up. 

“This attitude means you haven't met a girl worthy of your attention. You'll want to get caught if the right girl comes along.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment