Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

This series is yet another example of Jenniefer L. Armentrout’s beautiful and creative writing and storytelling skills. 


Lux Series: 

The Lux series so far has made me laugh out loud, cry myself to sleep, want to punch someone in the face and drool over hot beautiful Aliens!


"So the dickhead had a name. Daemon—seemed fitting. And of course his sister would be as attractive as him. Why not? Welcome to West Virginia, the land of lost models."
Obsidian is the first book of this utterly captivating series. The book is written in Katy's point of view. The girl from out of town who has just moved in next door to the Black family which consists of Dee and Daemon - who are not your average everyday beautiful mortals.They are much more, they're aliens from a planet called Lux, and they are known as Luxen. They have lived on planet earth since they were children but their kind have been coming here for decades as their enemies the Arum destroyed their home. And are still out to get them, how will it all work out when it's not just Dee, Daemon has to worry about but Katy too? 


"Air punched out of my lungs. I held her tight, and I knew right then I would burn down the whole universe for her if I had to. I would do anything to keep her safe. Kill. Heal. Die. Anything. Because she was my everything."

Onyx is the second book in this series. Daemon must prove to Katy that what he feels for her is real., but they've both bigger problems right now. The Department of Defence has shown up bringing with them a new boy to the small town. He knows what has happened to Katy and tells her he can help her with learning control, but Daemon doesn't trust the boy. That's not all though Katy has seen someone that shouldn't be alive. How will Katy survive the drastic changes in her life, and will she ever be normal again? 

"I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will."
Opal, the third heart breaking book in Lux. They've no way out, danger is closing in all around them. How will they survive when they have to trust the boy who's proven he can't be trusted? Katy's world is falling apart, but it's about to get even worse. She can't be without him, and he can't be without her. So how are they going to keep fighting when they're not together?


"So I was thinking, there're eighty-six thousand, four hundred seconds in a day, right? There're one thousand, four hundred and forty minutes in a day...There're one hundred and sixty-eight hours in a week. Around eighty-seven hundred and then some hours in a year, and you know what?...I want to spend every second, every minute, every hour with you...I want a year's worth of seconds and minutes with you. I want a decade's worth of hours, so many that I can't add them up."

Origin. The fourth book in this emotional roller-coaster. We get to know Daemon inside and out in this one, as each second chapter is in his point of view. The first thing we learn is Daemon wasn't kidding when he said he'd burn down the world to save her. People they trusted can no longer be trusted, enemies surround them in every corner. With help coming from the most unlikely allies. And cliffhangers are what Jennifer L. Armentrout loves to leave us with.

As I wait patiently till August for the last book of this series ‘Opposition.’ I have begun 'The covenant series' and so far am very pleased with the writing and story.



Jennifer L. Armentrout gets five stars for this series. It was a series full of surprises. It was exciting, heart-breaking, romantic and drool worthy. I usually don’t read books about aliens, but Jenn has converted me. If every alien book out there is like this one, I’ll definitely be picking them up from now on. With her articulate writing and fascinating stories, Armentrout never seems to fail me.

Goodread's link

No comments:

Post a Comment