Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Stay With Me by J.Lynn


“Stick with me, babe, and I'll change your life.”

Wow! That's all I really have to say about this book. Jennifer Armentrout has done it again! Stay With Me is the third book in the Wait For You Series. In this book we are thrown into the life of Calla Fritz, a twenty-one year old nursing major that we met in Be With Me. Calla has had a hard life. Suffering from trauma that happened to her as a child and living with the emotional and physical scars has made her wary of people and their intentions. 

When Calla finds out she has racked up a bank debt that is not hers but in her name she is forced to revisit a part of her life she thought she had left behind. Going back home was something she always dreaded doing but she sets off to try and make things right.

It's when she visits her families bar that we meet Jackson (Jax) James. And Holy Hotties was I swooning! I mean if I knew a guy like Jax I'd tie him down and never let him go! He was absolutely perfect for Calla. He was sweet, funny, gentle and OH MY GOD HE READS BOOKS!!

“He read? Oh my God, guys that read were like unicorns. They only existed in fairy tales.”

The plot was well developed as were the characters. It kept you interested and also had some heart-stopping moments woven in there. The secondary character were great as well and really added to the story. I really loved Reece and Roxy and I can't wait for their book! Eeeepp!! 

We also get a little look-see into the lives of Cam & Avery as well as Jase & Theresa. 

“Jase turned his head to me, brows raised. 
“If I liked guys—you know, swung that way, I’d get naked after that.”  
I blinked. Um.
“And I’d put a ring on that,” Cam added, moving to where Avery sat.”

And of course the book was actually quite hilarious, especially during some of Calla's inner monologue. It felt effortless and really added to Calla's almost but not really naive personality.

All in all the book was one of the best I've read this year. Maybe ever! Jennifer L Armentrout you do not disappoint! 








No comments:

Post a Comment